So continuing from my previous article about breakfast, let’s continue our good habits on to lunch time!
Pasta salad with Quinoa (Croissant Magazine)
- 100g of spiral pasta,
- 30g of quinoa & water (the ideal ratio is 2 parts liquid to 1 part quinoa)
- 2 cups of chopped seasonal vegetables (this recipe used cucumber, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, carrots and corn)
- 1 small avocado (peeled, stone removed, chopped)
- 1/4 of lemon
- 6 olives (pips removed, chopped)
- 15 g of raisins
- half a cup of tofu mayonnaise
- rocket (optional)
Step 1. Cook pasta in a large saucepan, following packet directions, until just tender. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl.
Step 2. Rinse the uncooked quinua, then drain. Heat up the pot on medium heat, bring it to boil, then turn to low heat until water is all absorbed. Stir then let it sit to cool down.
Step 3. Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil. Add corn, cauliflower, broccoli and beans. Cook for 1 minute or until beans are bright green. Drain. Rinse under cold running water to maintain the vivid colour. Drain and leave till dry.
Step 4. Squeeze some fresh lemon juice over shredded carrots. Add corn, cauliflower, broccoli, beans, carrots and quinua to warm pasta. Toss until well combined. Add avocado, tofu mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine, and serve.
I’d be happy to hear your feedback on how you went so please feel free to leave any comments either directly below this blog post or send me an email.
Hope you enjoy the recipe!